Friday, January 19, 2007

 

I'm a Michigan Apprentice!!!

Hi everyone!!

I can't believe I'm a Michigan Apprentice! As you can see, it's taken me about two months now to get over the shock, because this is my very first blog entry. I suppose I should start from the beginning...

My name is Lauren Sandusky and I'm a junior majoring in business and marketing with a minor in crime and justice. I applied to the Michigan Apprentice program for the apprenticeship with the Detroit Regional Chamber because I've always been interested in politics, and even considered concentrating in political science when I first came to school at the University of Michigan. As a student in the Michigan Business School, there isn't much room in my school schedule to pursue interests outside of the business field, so this apprenticeship was the perfect opportunity for me to experience a career in politics first hand.

I'm really excited to spend a day with Sarah Hubbard, the Vice President of Public Affairs for the Detroit Regional Chamber in Lansing. I can't wait to meet her and talk about her career and the experiences she's had to get to where she is today. Stay tuned for more updates!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?